Several changes have been implemented in the 2017 trout management regulations. Here is an overview of the new changes:
• The 16- to 24-inch protected slot limit for all trout species on the Little Red River has been removed, and a five-fish daily limit with only one trout over 16 inches allowed is now in place.
• The no culling regulation has been expanded to cover all species of trout on the Little Red River. Once a trout of any species is caught and placed on a stringer, in a fish basket or in a live well, it must be kept and counts toward an angler’s daily limit.
• Mobility-impaired anglers may now fish on Collins Creek downstream of the wooden vehicle bridge in JFK Park.
• The JFK and Mossy special regulations areas have been converted into year-round catch-and-release areas.
• The Cow Shoals Seasonal Catch-and-Release Area is now a year-round catch-and-release area.
• Fishing times at Cow Shoals Catch-and-Release Area are from 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset from Oct. 1-Dec. 31.
For more information and view the complete 2017 Arkansas Game and Fish Trout Fishing Guide book go to: http://www.agfc.com/resources/GuidebookDocs/TroutFishingGuidebook.pdf